Privacy & Security Information
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
As a small business, we are exempted from the operation of the Privacy Act. However, protection of your personal information that we collect is very important to us. This policy sets out how we handle any personal information we collect or receive about you.
What is personal information?
We use the definition of personal information contained in s 6(1) of the Privacy Act. It states that personal information is ‘information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion’.
Collection of personal information
We do not collect or store credit numbers or other bank account details as you will be purchasing through an off-site authority i.e. Westpac Banking Corporation, eWay, a credit facility or PayPal. We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our activities and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes.
These purposes include:
- To provide you with information you have enquired about.
- To provide or contact you with goods and or services you have purchased.
- To contact you regarding competitions, rewards, feedback or other related queries.
- When you ask to be on an email or mailing list so that we can send you information about our activities and/or publications.
- When you send us information about an event you are organising for us to publicise on our website.
- For normal communication processes when we might email, text or phone you.
When you only browse the website, we do not collect your personal information. When you look at our website, our internet service provider makes a record of your visit and logs (in server logs) the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address.
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .org, .au, etc).
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded.
- The date and time of your visit to our site.
- Whether you have visited our site before.
- The type of browser being used. We do not identify you or your browsing activities except, in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the internet service provider’s server logs.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
We respect your privacy at Aroma & Therapy and do not disclose your information to third parties unless it relates to the safe delivery of your order which may include the following:
- Those parties involved in the safe and correct delivery of your order.
- The authorised service provider for processing and facilitating payments i.e. bank, PayPal or other.
- Secure website processing interaction service providers.
- Where you agree or give permission for other disclosure of your personal information.
- To comply with legal obligations that may include, but not limited to, disclosure of information pertaining to credit fraud and security check organisations.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. We take website security seriously and keep our software protection programs updated and routinely checked. These steps include maintaining and updating personal information when we are advised by you that your personal information has changed. Importantly, we provide a safe platform for both our clients and our business, Aroma & Therapy.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. If you choose to join our email lists, complete online forms or lodge enquiries, your contact details are stored on password-protected databases.
Deletion of data and unsubscribing
When you cease to be a member of our website, we will destroy your personal information in a secure manner. You may also request us to delete any personal information we hold about you by emailing our contact person whose details are below. You may choose to opt out of further contact from us by sending us an email containing the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the title of the email.
Access and correction
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, or request that we change that personal information, we will allow access or make the changes unless we consider that there is a sound reason to withhold the information under relevant law such as the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) (FOI Act) or other relevant information. You can obtain further information about how to request access or changes to the information we hold about you by contacting us (see details below).
How to contact us
We are happy to assist you with any queries you may have regarding this policy. You can obtain further information, ask questions about it or provide any comments, by contacting us: on email@example.com or by phone on 0423 774 276 or 0400 165 794.
Building trust with our customers is a priority to the team at Aroma & Therapy and we constantly review our security procedures and systems to ensure safe, reliable and data protected operations. Thus, making your life less stressful and free to enjoy the many benefits of your purchases from Aroma & Therapy.